Our Sustainability Vision
Our vision is to create a sustainable environment where all resources are used optimally and efficiently, where facilities are managed and services consolidated as effectively as possible, an environment that provides a high-quality experience for all who work, frequent, and visit. Grosvenor pledges to develop partnerships with suppliers and clients who are socially aware and committed to sustainable practices.
Our Sustainability Actions
We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environment by implementing green cleaning processes.
- Reducing chemical usage and introducing plant-based alternatives (78% reduction in past four years)
- Using super concentrates and limiting water usage
- Managing consumption of consumables and materials, and using Ecolabel and recycled paper products
- Engaging in sustainable waste segregation and management and encouraging recycling
- Offsetting our carbon footprint through international sustainability projects:
- Tree planting initiatives (Kenya, Brazil & Ireland)
- Providing household cooking stoves (Kenya)
- Geothermal power (Indonesia) and solar energy and wind power projects
- In Europe we are working towards eliminating plastic use in our buildings by 2021 and working with suppliers to replace plastics by 2022
- Grosvenor Services USA has also achieved Green Building Certification through CIMS-GB Accreditation. This is an industry-leading standard with certification in management, quality control, safety, and green building practices.
Cleaning Industry Management Standard Program, Green Building (CIMS-GB)
Being certified in CIMS-GB for well over a decade sets Grosvenor Building Services apart and reiterates the company’s commitment to high standards in quality control, environmental sustainability, and green cleaning. In February 2020, Grosvenor was recertified with honors in the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA) in the CIMS program and Green Building module.Certification requires a demonstrated proficiency in the six management best practices determined by the ISSA.The six areas are: Quality Systems, Service Delivery, Human Resource, Health Safety and Environmental Stewardship, Management Commitment, and Green Building.It is our hope that this certification will exhibit to our customers the structure and practices of our company and help to identify us as a superior competitor in the marketplace.
Good for the planet, good for our clients
Introducing environmentally-sustainable practices throughout our operation has helped us improve the service we offer you, our clients, because we are more efficient and productive. Plus, we can pass on our knowledge of more environmentally friendly practices and supplies to your operations and facilities teams so that you can take positive steps too.
“Social sustainability is about identifying and managing business impacts, both positive and negative, on people. The quality of a company’s relationships and engagement with its stakeholders is critical. Directly or indirectly, companies affect what happens to employees, workers in the value chain, customers and local communities, and it is important to manage impacts proactively. “ – UN Global Compact
One of our guiding principles for making decisions is, “is it sustainable?” This governs the way we work with all our stakeholders.
Sustainability – United Nations sustainable development goals
The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more
sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice. The 17 Goals are all interconnected, and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve them all by 2030. Click on the logo below for further information.
In Ireland and in the U.K., Grosvenor is actively participating in a number of global projects, which means we are actively contributing to 15 of the 17 goals.
Our business has developed policies that have delivered reduced CO2 emissions year by year. We believe that we cannot achieve everything immediately, but we can make a difference now.
Our research in more environmentally-friendly chemicals and green cleaning applies that principal to the point of service delivery.
Social: People and community
As an internationally responsible family business with 60 years of history behind us, we credit our success to having strong relationships with staff, clients, and suppliers.
We are proud that some of our staff have been with us for over 30 years and many have developed into leadership positions within our organization.
Making a positive impact both globally through our offsetting programs or locally through the numerous charitable events in which are staff are involved ensures that we are in touch with local communities and serving their needs.
We also have a volunteer program which allows our office-based staff to work on local projects. This puts our people in touch with area communities, cultivating an ethos that places people at the core of our organization.
We are also very proud to support various charity organizations.
- For over 30 years, Grosvenor USA has been a proud partner of CARE, an international humanitarian organization focused on providing disaster relief to affected regions
- Grosvenor USA CEO, Rita McCauley, serves as a board member for Habitat, Orange & Osceola Counties, an organization that provides affordable housing and revitalizes communities.
- Grosvenor Services is so proud and privileged to support Pathlight Home. Pathlight Home is a registered Community development corporation who has been serving the Homeless and leading the way in affordable housing solutions for homeless men and women in Central Florida since 1992. Since then, Pathlight home has helped more than 6,000 people find safe and stable dwellings and is currently housing over 600 low-income and homeless Central Floridians.
Occupational health, safety, and wellness
An organization with a “safety culture” is one that gives appropriate priority to safety and understands that it must be managed in line with all areas of the business. An accurate barometer of the safety level within your organization, is what measures your personnel takes to ensure safety standards are upheld.
That culture is more than merely avoiding accidents or even reducing the number of accidents, although these are likely to be the most apparent measures of success. It is to do the right thing at the right time in response to normal or emergency situations. The quality and effectiveness of training will also play a significant part in determining the performance of employees, when it comes to safety standards and the attitude they adopt towards health and safety protocols, will, in turn, be shaped by the ‘culture’ of the company.
A strong safety culture is essential to reducing injuries and improving wellbeing. As a company we also place great emphasis on reducing the amount of accidents that occur within the scope of our operations, and we are proud to be a leading company in accident reduction. Our intent is to create a culture that promotes an ethos of safety awareness.
At the heart of our organization is an ethos that prioritizes people. We support wellness and mental health initiatives within our company, such as our regularly-scheduled team lunch walks. We strive to ensure that our personnel are always supported and understand how valued they are to the organization.